Moonlit Sonata

Dusky shadows clear way to moonlight that lights this little corner of the internet.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Oceans of blue

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Kasengae
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:16 pm

She nodded to him slowly, her hand moving over her heart as she turned away and began to walk down the tunnel, using her mask to wipe some sweat from her face, the humidity in the jungle she still wasnt used to.

As they got to the docks, she looked around at the goblins, before going to a nearby fishing one, handing him a couple gold as he handed her several fish.

She waved Mikal over as she walked to the inn, paying another goblin to cook them all, the whole time keeping her eyes out for devon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Telken
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:43 pm

Mikal followed after her. A few people seemed to recognize him...and cowered away as if he carried great evil with him. Mikal only frowned at each of them. Even in the Inn one or two folk seemed to instantly recognize him and promptly left the inn. He sighed silently and took up a table in the corner of the inn, letting Ridell get them food.

~---~

Strangely enough, Devon had simply walked through Stormwind unabated. He smirked at the chaos around him as fires were put out and guards rushed this way and that. He walked right up to one of the gryphon's resting in it's roost and he spoke to it quietly. Much to the Gryphon Master's anger, he sat on the beast and took to the skies.

He arrived only later in the day and had plenty of time to arrange what was needed. He was about to arrange for a ship and crew until he heard of the great Captain Ridell. He chuckled every time he thought of that.

He enjoyed the sunshine, watching it slip behind the horizon. He knew he had lost his mind but he never knew how much he missed the sky. He slept long that night no the roof and when the sun came up he was already awake to watch the sun again.

He looked down over the bay and smirked as he saw Mikal and Ridell enter the goblin city. Mikal was transparent to him...but the girl...he could see bits of her future but nothing like anyone else. She was connected to the Nightmare that much was clear but...

He shrugged and hopped off the roof and went into the Tavern. He pulled up his hood and found a quiet corner to watch Mikal and Ridell for a time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://moonlitsonata.forumotion.net
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:09 pm

As the food was cooked, Rid sat at the table with Mikal, handing him a plate with enough fish to last days, but she was quite hungry, as she began to eat hers

"So uhm.. Why are all these people..scared of you?"

She asked curiously, unsure of if he could even answer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:59 pm

Mikal un-gentlemanly tore into the fish. It seemed being in Booty Bay had calmed him down a bit, and his hunger was terrible. At her question, he looked up and around at the few people and goblin's that glances their way. He shrugged once and said nothing more.

However, Devon decided to more or less appear out of no where and sit down at their table. He grabbed a fish and said between bites.

"'s'cause last time 'e was here...'e killed twelve men with his bare hands."

Mikal jumped a few feet in surprise and Devon just took the fish he was munching on and started on it himself.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:16 pm

Rid sensed Devon nearby, so she wasnt so surprised

"12 Men? Pfft.. If only they knew the crap Ive done"

She looked to Devon now as she took a large bite of her fish

"So.. Why did we have to come all the way here hm?"

Her eyes focused very closely on his, her expression very serious, even though she tried to relax
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Mikal slowly picked up another fish, clearly almost ravenous as he starts eating it. Devon met her eyes, looking quite serious...then cracks a smile.

"Oh, I know the -crap- you've done little vampire lady. I'm sooo not impressed."

Devon laughed, then grinned at her.

"Well we can't exactly -swim- to Dead Water can we?"

Instantly Mikal choked and stared wide eyed at Devon as if he was the Nightmare they sought.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:35 pm

"Dead water?"

She said confused, taking another bite

"And I dont swim unless I have to.. I can have my ship here by tomorrow, Its docked a bit far away at the moment"

She pulled out a small piece of paper and began to write on it

"So where is this..dead water?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:03 am

"Tomorrow? Best tell them to hurry..."

Devon picked a few fish bones out of his teeth. Mikal was shaking his head adamantly at what Devon was saying. The younger man however smiled ever cheerfully.

"Well. Dead Water is a place so...cursed, no sailor ever dares to sail there. We...of course...did. In hopes to find great amounts of treasure."

He looked to her with a slow and easy smirk.

"We were so dreadfully wrong. We saw a ship...it was once painted green...but the paint had faded and chipped badly...then the screaming started...cries of the dead for sure...ghosts and wraiths just yelling and screaming and cursing..."

As he talked, Mikal grew more and more pale, remembering the night as clearly as if it were the night before.

"Some men threw themselves off the boat just to get away from it...but then the ship broadsided us...the canon...it didn't shoot metal...it shot skills...elven and human and whatever else..."

Mikal whimpered and buried his face in his arm.

"Then the creatures started throwing themselves at the ship. They weren't any sort of sentient beings anymore. They snarled and howled, like Worgen but they were still part man...then fought us with no weapons. Only their hands. Tearing arms and legs and using them like clubs while feasting on their makeshift weapons..."

Devon paused, staring down at the table. Mikal was clearly sobbing. He let the story hang in the air. There was more to be told but for the moment, Devon rested.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:13 am

Rid was staring at him intently, his story sounding like a nightmare, and she realized that he was telling the truth, from Mikals reaction

"The green dawn.."

Her eyes slowly closed and she shook her head, taking the small piece of paper she had been writing on and walked away, giving it to a nearby goblin who sent it off with a parrot, before sitting back down

"And..then what?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:39 am

Devon looked at Mikal and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. However it only caused the man to jump and whimper a bit before settling down.

"By far that was not the worst of it. It was Him. -The- Nightmare."

He lowered his voice to a whisper.

"Kastorin. Clad in black armor. His skin pale and flaked. Like it was falling off his bones. His eyes were green as he made the order to feast and destroy. Then they turned red...like the sunset turned bloodied. He opened his mouth baring his wicked fangs and leapt across the gap, killing more men then I could count at the time..."

Mikal was just sobbing at this point, Devon's hand was barely a comfort.

"He murdered senselessly. Not feasting himself until no one moved on deck. The other monsters were down below..the noises that came up were...nightmares unto themselves. Mikal stayed alive because he was thrown across the deck early in the battle and pinned beneath some barrels. Some would say lucky...but..."

Mikal looked up at Ridell, his face pale as a ghost, eyes red as a rose.

"Kastorin didn't partake until the others were done. Very few were left alive...but the ones that were...he changed them. He bit into his own wrist and fed them his blood...and they changed right before our sickened eyes...changed them...."

Devon fell quiet at this. If there was more to tell, he didn't speak of it just yet. He too wasn't able to let parts of that nightmare go...
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:44 am

Although the story would shake the nerves of any normal person, Rid was simply listening generally calmly, getting as much information as she could so she knew what she would be facing

"So hes let himself.. lose himself"

Her head slowly shook

"Oh Kas.. you're better than that.."

[i]Apparently my love has lost his mind.. Its going to be fun bringing it back to him"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:44 am

"Whh-whhh-whaa-...t?"

Mikal rasped at her, looking more terrified than ever. He looked between Devon and Ridell as if they were both completely insane. Devon however just smiled slowly, pulling himself away from the memories.

"Losing himself as nothing to do with it, girl...but we can talk more on that on your ship. It's a fast ship isn't it? strong too? and nimble? I hope you didn't pay too much for it, just to say your monster...tut tut..."

Devon shook his head and started knowing on a fish head.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:42 am

Rid laughed a bit, shaking her head

"Stole it, actually. But the guy I stole it from died so.. not like hes about to be using it right?"

She took a glance towards the door, seeing the sun setting

"Itll be here by the morning.. we'll leave at dawn.."

She stood up and walked out without another word, moving to the edge of one of the docks, sitting down and letting her legs hang over the edge, watching the sun set slowly on the horizon. She was just wanting to see Kas again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:05 pm

Devon shook his head and looked to Mikal. An odd expression of sympathy crossing his face.

"It'll be different this time Mikal. You won't be killed my the Nightmare or any of his monsters."

This didn't seem to comfort Mikal at all as Devon blinked.

"Or turned into one of them, or eaten, or thrown overboard, or-"

Mikal whimpered and got up from the table wandering off somewhere to rest. Devon sat back int he chair, looking up at the ceiling and looking into what will come...

=------=

Very softly, as if walking on feathers in winter, a lavishly dressed girl walked right up to stand beside Ridell. She wore a long flowing black dress and looked every bit as frail and weak as a straw of hay. She didn't speak just yet. She watched the sun dip lower, painting the sky with color.

The girl took in a long breath, closing her eyes with a smile. Her glasses sat gingerly on her nose, still looking like they'd fall off on any second that passed. Her long black hair draped about her shoulders, no longer being tied back as she once preferred it. A few strands of it loved to tickle her cheeks and not stay behind her delicate looking elven ears.

Kelterra finally looked down at Ridell with a soft and warm smile, as she finally spoke. Her voice was one of the few things that would never change.

"Hello Mistress...how are you feeling?"
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:08 pm

Rid jumped at the voice, startled, her dagger in hand in a flash as she stood and was faced by Kel, who she hadn't seen in quite a long time

"K-Kel.. You shouldnt.. scare me like that"

She slowly sheathed her dagger, but kept an eye on her, not sure if her loyalty had changed over the months.

She looked her over, before meeting her eyes

"Ive.. been okay. what are you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:21 pm

Kel simply smiled sweetly at her as she jumped. Their eyes met and in Kel's there was nothing of malice or deception, only that curious love she had for Ridell.

"I'm sorry, Mistress."

Though she didn't much look it. She almost gracefully sat down on the edge of the dock, something she'd never have been capable of when they first had met.

"I'm afraid it's nothing so devious as toying with you or asking you for...things I could never have...I simply saw you sitting there and thought to say hello."
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:39 pm

Rid nodded slowly, sitting down beside her as she watched the sky slowly darken

"Well.. Hello then"

An awkward silence seemed to take over as she looked at her, and after several minutes finally spoke

"How have you been Kel?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:43 pm

Kel smiled gently and turns her head to look over Ridell.

"Quite well Mistress. Very busy,but I have had time to relax and learn a few things. I've heard about ...Him...I'm...very sorry...I know you loved him very much..."

She bit her lip and looked down to the water. Her face showing a bit of sadness but her soft green eyes had a slight bit of hope in them.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:25 pm

"Hes not gone yet"

She looked to Kel and shook her head

"I know you care about me.. but I love him deeply, and Im not giving up on him.."

Her hand reached out to gently rub Kel's arm, before gently pulling on it to pull her closer and hug her

"I do care about you.. but I love him.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:50 pm

Kel tried to resist her, she had no magical sway over her any longer...but how badly she longed for those arms. She pressed close to Rid, closing her eyes and whispering.

"I know Mistress...but I will always love you more than even Janine..."
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:57 pm

Rid nods a little, her eyes closing as she hugs her a bit tighter, realizing she hadnt been so close to anyone in a while, although she longed for it to be Kastorin

"I know Kel.."

She quickly pulled away and looked up at the stars that were starting to come out

"Tomorrow.. me and my crew leave for some.. "Dead waters" place.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:13 pm

Kel closed her eye's as Ridell pulled away. Her heart wept in her chest as it always did when she thought of Ridell, but she sat up too, staring into the water.

"I know...I've heard...but I don't think there's anything left of him to find Mistress...but..."

From inside her dress, she pulled out a very old and tattered piece of parchment.

"I'm not sure if I should give this to you..."
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:31 pm

Rid tore her eyes from the sparkling stars, and looked down at the parchment, tilting her head

"What is it Kel?"

She looked up into her eyes, curious
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:39 pm

Slowly Kel offered the parchment to Ridell. Her eyes not leaving it until she met Rid's eyes. She stared deeply into them. The love she felt for her was as clear as the night sky.

"A map. Into Dead Water. To the island at it's center. Past the reefs and rocks."

She looked away and said quietly.

"All is not what it seems, Mistress, but please know...what's happened...I would have never done that to you..."

She looked sadly at Ridell, the expression on her face was of guilt, clearly betraying something just by giving her the map.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Oceans of blue   Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:23 pm

Rid moved her hand to cup kels cheek, staring back into her eyes

"Kel.. no one has done anything wrong.. "

Her thumb slowly stroked along her cheek as she smiled lightly at her