Moonlit Sonata

Dusky shadows clear way to moonlight that lights this little corner of the internet.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Light and darkness.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Telken
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:53 pm

The report was like most other police reports. The wife stabbed the husband exactly 13 times, mostly in his chest to his heart. There was no marks on the wife, aside from blood that had come from her nose, mouth and eyes. The coroner suggest asphyxiation of some sort and they guessed the husband had choked her to death while he was being stabbed. Despite her not having bruises to collaborate it.

"I...it's...it...could have been...but uhm..."

Kal was now staring at her, blinking slowly. He was surprised by her though he was thinking he probably shouldn't be. He fumbled for a few moments unsure what to say, he never met anyone who knew what a shade was, let alone suggest it.

With a slow breath he tried to focus and force himself to finish his thought without stumbling too much.

"A shade could have...been what was at your house..."

He regretted bringing up what had just happened to her, but in the back of his mind he was thinking of things that could have killed them. Poison was his first guess but something supernatural was filling his others. He slowly moved over to the bigger of the two chairs by the cold fireplace and sat down in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://moonlitsonata.forumotion.net
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Kasengae
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:10 pm

As he said her house, she looked away, taking a few deep breaths, before nodding

"Could.. of been"

She turned the page, and nearly dropped the file, seeing a close up picture of the mother, but quickly closed it. She sat down in the other chair, looking around some, hearing a crack of thunder outside

"Of course the police almost never listen.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:18 pm

Kal looked behind her at the only window. He got up and went over to pull up the blinds and looked out at the rain pouring down, before going back and sitting in the chair again. The rain had always comforted him a little.

"I told them everything...even though I didn't understand it...Officer Brandon listened but he was too scared to believe me...but I think he does...or he just thinks I was too young to understand and made up my story..."

Kal swallowed a little. He hadn't spoke about this in a very long time and he was finding it hard too now.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:46 pm

Rema knew it must be hard for him to talk about something so personal, and spoke low

"You dont have to talk about it. If you dont want to.. but.. Im here to listen if you do"

She gave off a small smile to him, but it was also a nervous one

"I mean.. I understand either way.. But I understand where you're coming from as well."

Her eyes fell to her arm, which was covered, no matter what the day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:12 pm

He thought she meant having lost her parents and he smiled a little appreciatively.

"It's ok..."

He hesitated for a few moments but then started to speak quietly.

"My mother was very strict...well they both were but my mother wanted me to be raised by them and no one else. She was very intelligent and the only times she ever left the house were to go to church on Sundays and Wednesdays unless father somehow talked her into going out for dinner."

He took a few breaths.

"Father didn't like how she treated me...as if I was too fragile to go outside. They argued a lot about me. He was strict too and wanted to keep me safe but not how mother wanted. Until middle school...mother would school me in the morning on Mondays and Fridays and early evenings on the rest of the week. Father would help me after he got home from work before dinner and sometimes after..."

His breath got a little shaky but he didn't stop. Not now.

"During the day, I was not to leave my room for any reason, and I knew mother had visitors during the day. I could hear the car doors and sometimes I would peek and see strange men and women arrive and leave. Sometimes two would come at a time but only one leave...but mother made me promise never...never...to tell anyone or I would never see her again..."

He bit his lip quite hard for a few moments but still he forced himself to talk, not looking at Rema.

"Father somehow found out...he thought...she was cheating on him...but...how I wish that were the truth...he convinced mother to let me attend school for just one year...to make some friends and learn things they couldn't teach me...I guess knowing what I know now...she thought it would be easier without me in the house...

I was only in school for about a month...when mother made me stay home for a week. I still don't know why...maybe she missed me...maybe something else...but father came to me that week...and asked me if mother had been inviting other men to the house. I told him I couldn't say...that I promised I wouldn't...but he was smart...he knew I was telling him yes..."

Kal slowed his story to a halt and stared at the empty fireplace. They were getting to the worst part of his story and he wasn't sure he could do it now. Tears were already building up in his eyes and he gave himself a few moments before just forcing it all out.

"The next day, father came home early from work without telling mother. He came to me first and asked where she was...I told him in the basement where she always was, where I was never allowed to go. He just said ok...and went downstairs...

I shouldn't have...but I followed him...and stood at the stairs of the basement. I heard them yelling at each other...but mother's voice...wasn't her own...it was different...cold and angry and deep...I was so worried about them I went downstairs even though I was not allowed too..."

"I sneaked down and managed to get behind the stairs to hide...and then looked around. The basement was...covered with symbols and statues I didn't understand...the man and women who arrived earlier in the day were embracing on a statue that was larger than my father..."

"They were having sex...all while my naked mother and father argued. The statue was...was one of those goat statues...the ones that represented Satan...the other two people didn't seem to see or hear anything else..."

He closed his eyes tightly.

"I couldn't understand what they were saying...but my mother took out a knife...and started stabbing my father. he screamed and tried to fight back but she just pushed him away. I guess I screamed too because she saw me and dropped the knife. Her voice changed and she started crying...and...I saw...something...that seemed to...come out of her...it looked like...a spirit...or a devil...and that's all I remember..."

"I woke up a little while after...police were there...but the basement was different. It didn't look anything like it did. All the symbols were gone...the statue wasn't there and the people vanished...I don't know...how that could have happened...and no one believed me when i told them what I saw..."

He finally finished, tears rolling down his face but he wasn't crying. His hands were gripping the arms of the chair so tightly his knuckles were white and he was blinking furiously, not daring to look at her for fear she might be looking at him as if he were crazy.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:21 am

Rema was listening intently to every word he said, and when he finished, she tapped her chin, thinking hard

"That sounds familiar.. actually.. "

She tried to remember where she heard about it

"I remember my parents talking about it.. but this was when I was just a kid.. "

She saw how nervous he was, she knew he was scared she would think he was crazy. She reached out, gently putting her hand on his arm

"Its okay.. Really.. It sounds like a demonic ritual.. But it could of also been one to protect you"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:24 am

As soon as her hand touched his arm, his grip on the chair relaxed and he looked at her, trying to see her face beneath her hair. He felt strange that she wasn't laughing for teasing him or just shaking her head thinking he was nuts. His brow furrowed as he thought over what she said.

"P-protect me...?"

He realized how much he had been crying and quickly and furiously wiped at his face to try and stop, or hide it as if he could take it back.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:28 am

She nodded a little

"Mmhmm. Giving everything they have to keep someone else safe.. Ive heard about those rituals."

She sat back in her chair, now looking at the fireplace herself

"All too well.."

She sighed deeply
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:34 am

Kal had never thought about the possibility his father may had been involved to protect him. He had always thought whatever was inside his mother killed him but...maybe it was different...He frowned a little and looked up at her. He was afraid to ask...but he noticed her necklace and asked quietly.

"I haven't seen that symbol very much...what...is it?"
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:10 pm

Rema slowly shook her head

"Im not sure.. Its the only thing I had from home to home.. as-.."

She cut off her sentence, quickly shaking her head

"I dont know what it means.. But its still quite nice.. Its at least something I got from my real parents.."

Her hand moved up to gently grip it

"Wish I had more though.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Kal watched her, suddenly missing his parents very much. He glanced out the window to the rain which was still coming down rather hard. He didn't think he should ask...but he felt a little closer to her now and he whispered the question.

"What happened to them...?"
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:01 pm

Rema stayed staring at the fireplace, and slowly shook her head

"My birth parents? I dont know.. All I was told was that I was found on the steps of an orphanage.. This necklace in my blankets.. crying away.. "

She sighed

"Too young to even remember what they looked like.. Ive been from foster home to foster home my whole life. No one who ive been able to call my parents for longer then a year before i was moved again"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:08 pm

Kal's face was very sad thinking about Rema. He couldn't help but feel like a kindred spirit...but he couldn't fully understand how lonely that had to have been.

"Why were you moved so much...?"

He kept his voice low and trying to be gentle. He was curious and thought maybe they understand each other.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:48 am

Rema pulled her legs up onto the chair, wrapping her arms around them

"The parents at each one didnt like me much.. They act like they do because if they keep a kid for a year they get a bonus.. but after that.. they just toss them out.."

Her eyes slowly closed at the sound of thunder

"Except one.. I .. Ran away"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:15 am

Kalbert watched her and blushed a little as he thought about how cute she looked, but also how sad and lonely she seemed. He quietly slipped off the chair, just to sit on the floor by the fireplace...and a little closer to her.

"That sounds like it would be very illegal...fraud or something..."

He glanced at the window as lightening flashed through the window.

"What happened when you ran away?"
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:44 am

"The parents were.. uhm.. Well they were very harsh on their beliefs and didnt like the things I believed in and.. "

She seemed to bite her lip a little, and moved down to kneeling on the floor and faced away from him, pulling her hair to the front of her shoulder, and pulled up the back of her shirt.

Along her back was a huge scar that looked like a cross

"They held me down for hours and did this.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:02 am

Kalbert's face hovered between sadness and anger. His hand reached out to touch the scar, but he kept it back not touching it. His voice was very quiet.

"How could they do that...that's terrible..."
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:12 am

She settled down onto the floor, fixing her shirt to cover it back up, and wrapped her arms back around her legs

"I was only 8 at the time.. I ran to that park that Im always at before school.. eventually told the cops, they got arrested, and i was moved to a new home.

The one Im at now though.. it seemed much nicer.. then.. this happened"

She said,referring to the girls deaths
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:12 pm

Kalbert picked up the fire poker and started to poke at the cold ashes in the fireplace. He chewed on the corner of his mouth a little, just thinking.

"I am really glad they were arrested...but I'm sorry for what they did to you..."

He glanced at her to give her a small smile, before looking back to the fireplace.

"Do...you think they were poisoned or something?....or something supernatural...?"
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:33 pm

She slowly shook her head

"They were just twisted in their own minds.. They.. Wouldnt let me believe what I wanted.. calling me a demon and stuff.."

She laughed a bit

"Just because I said I believed in something else.. amazing.. isnt it?"

She hugged her legs a bit more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:52 pm

Kalbert nodded a little and stared at the cold ashes as he poked at them. He couldn't believe anyone would think another person a demon unless they were acting like his mother had...

He glanced at her again, becoming curious about something else.

"What is it you believe in that made them so insane?"
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:43 pm

"I believe in everything.."

She smirked a bit, and looked at him

"I believe every religion is right.. that theres more than one creator.. that theres more than one god or goddess.. They.. didnt like that in the least"

She sighed slightly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:59 pm

Kal caught her eye and he swore he saw something sparkle and it made him smirk a bit too. He slowly nodded.

"I guess they wouldn't have liked me much either..."

He really wanted to ask about her family she had now...what her sister's believed and what could have harmed them but he suppressed his questions for now.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:06 am

She nods slowly, rubbing at her legs

"It doesnt matter now.. "

She took a deep breath, looking like she was suppressing some tears

"Its.. hard being bumped around from family to family.. But the one I have now.. theyre the best.. mom treats me so well compared to the other foster homes.."

Her voice dropped to a whisper

"I dont want to be kicked out because of what happened.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:40 am

Kalbert shook his head a little and looked at her.

"I don't know why they would...you were at the park all morning...you weren't involved..."

He trailed off quietly but then a thought occurred to him.

"They're probably looking for you right now wondering if you're ok...maybe you should try calling your Mom"

He looked around and pointed to the cordless phone up on the mantle piece.

"You can call her if you want and tell her where you are. The address is 131 Wolf Run..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   

Back to top Go down

Light and darkness.
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next