Moonlit Sonata

Dusky shadows clear way to moonlight that lights this little corner of the internet.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Light and darkness.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Kasengae
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:30 am

Rema shook her head

"She'll be alrite.. She knows im fine.. just.. Shooken up a bit I guess.."

She hugged her legs a bit more, staring blankly in front of her

"Im sorry.. If me being here is bothering you.. Im sure they asked you to be nice to me.."

She knew thats why everyone who had ever been nice to her, was nice to her, because they were asked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Telken
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:00 am

"Our Principal did...but I...er...well...I wanted to catch you after class...to give you that sketch...but you were already gone by the time I had gotten my things together..."

Kal put the fire poker away and stretched his legs out a bit before looking over her with a small and quiet smile.

"I don't mind you being here...you..."

He looked for the right word.

"Well...you understand...and your very nice..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://moonlitsonata.forumotion.net
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:55 am

She looked up at him, with a small nod

"I try to be.. Whenever someone is nice to me."

She let out a small, half hearted laugh

"Which isnt often."

She glanced at her watch, a few hours had already passed, she knew it would just be a few more before it started to get dark. She looked at him again

"Maybe.. I should get going. I dont like th-.. Well, I dont like being out at night"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Kal nodded and got up. He found himself really wishing she'd stay but he didn't say anything about it.

"I do not like the dark much either...but...you can come back...anytime you want...I don't...ever have anyone over and it's just me...and...you can play my Xbox or the PS3 or just watch TV...or whatever..."

He glanced at the books and nodded quickly.

"Oh! And...if you want to barrow any books...you can..."

He was usually pretty protective of his books...but he never had a real friend before and he wanted to be as nice to her as he could, considering everything.

"W-would you uhm...like me to walk you home?"
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:17 pm

Rema looked out the window, seeing the storm seeming to just be getting worse

"Its okay. Its not too far. But if the cops are still there.. I may come back"

She smirked at him

"Thanks for being so nice.."

She then pulled the hood up on her jacket, and quickly ran out into the rain and wind, and didnt even think for a second, her backpack still just inside the door.

As she ran, she saw her house, saw the cops still there and sighed, but still went over and one let her sit inside his car so she wouldnt have to stand out in the rain, and began to ask her questions, but her answer to almost every one was "I dont know"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:09 pm

Kalbert followed her to the door and watched her run off into the rain. He closed the door and chewed on the corner of his mouth a bit. It felt very weird for him to have someone over and then suddenly be alone. We wandered for awhile, through the house just looking at things before stopping in front of the basement door.

the candles had gone out and he knelt to re-light each once. His eyes settled on the markings he had made, drawn to keep things in and ward against evil. He chewed on his lip, thinking about what Rema had suggested. Could his father understood what was being done to his mother...? Did they sacrifice themselves to save him...?

This new idea made him tear up and he forced himself to walk away. This time as he wandered passed the door he tripped on Rema's bag and fell, toppling it over.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:30 pm

The officer left Rema alone in the car, and she looked at the house, seeing the people in the windows, dusting for finger prints, looking for any evidence they could find.

She just hugged her legs to her chest, watching as it grew darker, she just wanted to sleep..

--

As he tripped over her bag, several of her books from school fell out as well, the sketch he had made falling out of the one book she had placed it in.

Another book though, was title-less, and had a black cover, looking very worn in. It was her diary of several years
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:31 pm

Kalbert was frantic to put the things back into her bag. As if she'd open the door just then and see him with her things and yell. He stopped at the picture and decided he'd work a little more on it. He didn't want to let his mind stray more to things that made him sad. Then he saw the last book...

He picked it up slowly and looked it over. He ran his fingers over the cover before opening it and just glancing over the random page he opened it to...
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:35 pm

The page he opened it to, Read the following:

Feb 15.

Moved to another home.. Surprise surprise.. These people just use us for money, I'm getting sick of it. I'm starting high school in a few months.. And I have to start a new home today. These parents are strange.. They don't even look at me. Oh well.. At least I get my own room for once.

My scar still hurts so badly.. Its been years but it doesnt change.. I dont know why they did it..

The kids at school still treat me like dirt.. but just a few more months and I'll have a new start I hope..

These thoughts in my head just wont break away.. I want them to.. but with everyone teasing me every day...

The rest of the page is ripped out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:36 am

Kalbert felt horrible for reading her diary, but he also felt very sad no one got to know her. How alone she had to feel all the time. He bit his lip and looked around, as if she'd knock on the door any second. He peeked outside into the rain before looking back to the book and flipping to another random page.

He stopped just before his eyes started reading it. He chewed harder on his lip. It was wrong to be doing what he was doing no matter how curious or how much he thought it might help him get to know her. If she wanted him to know she would just tell him...

...just one more page, Kal told himself. He looked out the window again before letting his eyes fall onto the page he had just opened.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:48 am

March 21

Im at the hospital still.. It's been 3 weeks now.. Im sick of this place. The smell, the sight, everything. I miss home.. I want to go back.. but they say I cant yet.

I feel like Im in so much pain still.. These antibiotics are to keep me from feeling sick but they make everything else so sore.

They wont tell me why Im even here.. I want to go home.. I miss mom and dad..

The writing all seems to be a bit sloppy, as if she had been quite a bit younger.

From her diary, a paper fell out, which looked like she had been doodling on it. Several symbols and faces
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:55 pm

Reaching down, Kal picked up the paper and looked over it. Tracing his fingers over some of the symbols and faces before a loud crash of thunder made him jump several feet into the air. He desperately wanted to read more of the diary but he decided he invaded enough of her privacy and put the doodles back into a random page and the whole thing back in her bag.

Kal thought about running out and taking her bag to her but it was still raining quite hard and he didn't want to get her things wet and she'd probably think him weird if he wrapped her books up in plastic bags like he did his own.

So with the drawing he had sketched of her in hand, he went back into the study and grabbed a pencil. He moved the chair he favored over to the window and started working on the picture, trying his best to keep his mind off of things. Despite that, he continued to look up out at the wet neighborhood, as if hoping she'd come back.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:16 pm

It was just about 30 minutes before sunset, not that they would see much of it. She was still sitting in the police car, and he said that they wouldnt be done for a while still. She sighed deeply

"Okay.."

She looked off towards the direction of Kal's house, feeling bad for bothering him again, but she needed a place to stay for the night, and he offered. She also realized she had left her bag there.

She went running off into the downpour again, her clothes still damp from before so they didnt provide much protection from the rain.

She got to his door and started knocking a bit frantically, feeling her teeth chattering from the cold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:50 pm

Kalbert jumped and toppled the mostly finished drawing onto the floor as he heard the banging on the front door. He scrambled up out of the chair and to the door rubbing his eyes as he pulled it open and saw a very drenched and cold Rema.

"R-Rema! Come in!"

He moved out of her way and pointed upstairs.

"Bathrooms upstairs first door on the left...lots of fresh towels, I'll get a fire started!"

He tried not to sound too excited she came back...but the fact he hadn't even asked her why she did come back must have let her in on it. He didn't think to mentioned dry clothes but there was t-shirts hanging up in the bathroom that were clean.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:50 am

Rema blinked in surprise, ready to give a reason, ready to ask if she could stay the night.. but he just let her in.

She walked past him, shivering

"T-Thanks.."

She rushed upstairs and into the bathroom he had spoken about, quickly pulling off her wet clothes to wrap into the dry towels, as she leaned on the counter.

She stayed like that for several minutes, enjoying the warmth of the towels.

Finally she noticed some nearby T-Shirts, that were too big for her, but would at least cover her up.

She grabbed one and slipped it on, and dried her hair a bit, it now a damp mess that was in her face.

She felt slightly embarassed at not having a lot on, and went to the doorway, opening the door just a crack

"U-Uhm.. Kal?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:32 am

Kal had, by then, stacked a few logs carefully in the fireplace and was using an old zippo lighter to get a fire starter light. The flame took and he heard his name and moved tot he base of the stairs looking up until he realized she might not be decent and out of the bathroom for some reason and quickly looked at the floor.

"Y-yes? Is everything alright Rema?
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:13 pm

"U-Uhm.. Could I get.. something more to.. Like.. pants or.. "

She felt very embarassed, her cheeks a deep red, as she was trying to pull down the shirt to cover herself more

"This is just.. kind of.. uhm.. Not enough and.."

She stopped talking, figuring he got the idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Kalbert's eyes became a bit wide and he started up the stairs looking away from the bathroom.

"Right! I'm sorry! I have some sweatpants...j-just uhm...stay in there!"

He quickly shuffled into his room and into his closet, grabbing a pair of boxer shorts and the pair of sweatpants. His room was much like the study, filled with books but also movies and collectibles from comics and games. Things most boys his age would have, with the exception of symbols and runes, much like those on the door to the basement were etched, painted or just drawn on the walls, ceiling and door.

He shielded his eyes, just in case she didn't have the door closed and set the things just outside the door. He muttered.

"Stuffs just outside...I'll huh...be downstairs!"

Then he hurried along back to the study to check on the fire.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:33 pm

She couldnt help but giggle a bit, and as she heard him go down, she opened the door to reach out and grab them.

They were a bit big on her but she used her belt to hold them up.

A few minutes later she went downstairs again, her hair now tied back with her bangs still in her face a bit

"thanks."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:51 pm

Kal stood up as he was crouching over the fire and smiled a bit bashfully as he looked at her.

"Oh...er..it's nothing. I got the fire started...so...it'll get warmer in here..."

He slowly came to realize she probably only came back for her book bag and was probably thinking he was acting very weird.

"I er...you left your bag here...and uhm...er..."

He suddenly found himself very nervous and just clamped his mouth shut.
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:33 pm

She nodded a little

"Yeah.. I noticed that.. Uhm.."

She rubbed the back of her head

"The cops are still at my place and I dont want to sleep at the station.. is .. it okay if I stayed here for a bit?"

She wasnt even sure if she was going to school the next day, didnt even know if he would let her stay the night, he seemed so nervous

"I'll..understand if not"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:44 pm

Kalbert blinked a few times, a little more nervous but he nodded slowly.

"I er...yeah...no...I mean...you can. I don't mind. You shouldn't sleep at the police station...it's...cold and not comfortable at all."

He frowned remembering he spent a night there before his Aunt and Uncle came to get him. He shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

"You can sleep in my room! And uhm..I'll sleep somewhere else..."

He had never been a host or had anyone stay over, so he wasn't sure what he should do.

"Have you...er...eaten today?I could order some pizza...or Chinese food..."
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Now that she had thought about it.. she hadnt eaten all day

"That would be very nice actually.."

She felt exhausted, but deffinetly not ready to sleep.

She sat in the study at the fireplace, crossing her legs in front of it as she began to warm up a bit.

She saw the drawing he had done, the one she had tucked in her bag, and suddenly got very nervous. She didnt know if he went through her stuff or if he just got that out to work on it a bit more.

Her cheek automatically blushed quite a bit, hoping he hadnt found her diary
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jase Dakota
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
80/100  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Kalbert nodded and snatched up the phone form the mantle piece and walked into the other room. He had the pizza place on speed dial. As mature and grown up as he had always tried his best to be, he couldn't get past his love for pizza. He ordered just two pepperoni pizzas and grabbed the money for them out of his wallet and set it by the door before going back into the study.

He blushed a little himself as he saw her looking at the drawing.

"I er...tripped over your bag and the picture fell out...so I added a little more to it since I er...got to see you a little better..."
Back to top Go down
Kasengae
Admin

Character sheet
Experiance:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:25 pm

"Ahhh.."

She nodded a little, blushing

"You didnt have to, I thought it was nice before"

She rubbed her arms, still shivering a little, hearing the rain outside still pouring

"Hopefully the pizza guy doesnt get blown away"

She said with a small wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Light and darkness.   

Back to top Go down

Light and darkness.
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next